You did it! You've created your budget, taken on side hustles, and slashed unnecessary expenses. All for the glorious goal of becoming DEBT FREE! *sound the air horns*
But wait... when exactly will you be debt free? That's where the Easy Budget Debt Free Calculator comes in!
The calculator takes all the guesswork out of finding your debt free date. All you have to do is fill in the required information and your debt free date will be presented! It's perfect for use with Dave Ramsey ideology to pay off debt fast.
Debt Snowball: works by listing all your debts from smallest to largest, making minimum payments on all loans, and putting all your extra money toward your smallest loan first. Then once that debt is paid off, move on to the next smallest debt, and so on.
Debt Avalanche: works by listing your debts from highest interest rate to lowest interest rate. You attack the highest interest rate and once that is paid off, you move on to the next highest interest rate debt.
You can also customize the payoff order.
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet (for download)
- Google Sheets compatible
(Works on PC and Mac. Mac users will need to use Excel or Google Sheets, not Numbers. The calculator is not compatible with mobile phones)
- Fully automated (you fill in the white boxes, everything else will auto calculate!)
- Input your loans once and update with actual payments as they are made
- Space for up to 35 different loans
- Change and play around with several variables to see how it affects your payoff date
- Clearly displays your debt stats
- Clearly displays debt payoff month and year (will show all calculations on a separate page)
- Easy switch to Debt Avalanche method (highest interest rate first) or custom order
- Input for one-time lump sum payments on debt (bonuses, tax refunds etc.)
- Input for expected increases in monthly debt payments (future raises, second job etc.)
- Perfect for irregular income
- Can be used for fixed-rate mortgage payoff calculations
PDF instructions included
To open in Google Sheets:
- After purchase, select "view product" (or find it later in your email)
- Select "download" next to the file
- Select "save" and save it to your computer without opening it
- Open Google Sheets (google.com/sheets)
- Near the upper right corner select the file icon that says "open file picker"
- Select the debt snowball calculator file that you saved and open
Note: With deferred student loans the calculations may not be exact, depending on your circumstances.
Note: Best performance is on a computer or tablet, cell phone performance may be limited.